The Gadget Show Best Budget Camera for around £50
As seen on the Gadget Show's Top Budget Camera for 2011. After looking for a number of cameras for around £50 the Gadget Show Crew picked these three lovelies as the best. Jon Bentley put the final 3 through their paces at the T3 Awards ceremony and a final test was to see if any of the cameras produced a photograph suitable for publication in top tech magazine T3.
Nikon Coolpix L23
Nikon's Coolpix L23 was Jon's top choice and is excellent value for it's price. It's a simple camera with an amazing 5x optical zoom and a 10mp resolution. It's few controls make it easy to use, though it does produce excellent images. The Gadget Show declared it the best of the three, due to the quality of picture and the excellent all-round approach. Its anti-blur technology was particularly impressive.
Key Features of the Nikon Coolpix L23 Digital Camera
- Available in red, blue, pink, black and silver
- 10.0 megapixel resolution lets you capture outstandingly detailed images that are suitable for printing complete
- Selectable scene modes offer optimized settings for popular photographic situations
- Easy Auto mode optimizes all camera settings according to the light you are shooting in
- 2.7 inch LCD monitor with anti-glare coating simplifies composition and playback, even in bright sunlight
- Electronic Vibration Reduction to automatically counter blurred images
Fujifilm FinePix AV200
The Fujifilm FinePix AV200 as seen on the Gadget Show is a whopping 14mp camera with a 3x Optical zoom and is also capable of filming in HD. It's a neat but great camera for its low price. It was the only one to produce professional image quality on one picture, taken for use in T3 magazine by its art director.
Key Features of the Fujifilm FinePix AV200 Digital Camera
- Available in black, silver and pink
- 14 megapixels with 3x Fujinon optical zoom lens and 2.7 inch LCD screen
- Single and continuous Auto Focus with SR Auto and movie mode
- Panoramic Shooting mode
- Full HD photos and 720p HD movie capture (16 : 9 stills)
- Face Detection technology with auto red-eye removal
Canon PowerShot A800
The Canon Powershot A800 is an updated and cheaper version of the previous Canon of the same name and comes with better battery life, a huge 10mp camera and the power for 300 photos on a single pair of batteries – amazing value.
Key Features of the Canon PowerShot A800 Digital Camera
- Available in grey, red, black and silver
- Compact, lightweight 10.0 Megapixel camera
- Genuine Canon 3.3x optical zoom lens
- Smart Auto mode can detect 19 different scenes so you can simply point and shoot
- 16 Shooting modes including Super Vivid, Poster Effect and FaceSelf-Timer
- DIGIC III image processing for natural results and quick performance
You may also be interested in: